Travelers are recommended to:
- Wear clothing which minimizes skin exposure
- Use an appropriate mosquito repellent on exposed skin.
- Always follow product instructions as directed.
- If you are also using sunscreen, apply sunscreen first and insect repellent second. Follow instructions when applying repellent on children.
- Stay and sleep in screened or air conditioned rooms.
- Use a mosquito net if there are no screens.
- Mosquito coils or other insecticide vaporizers also reduce indoor and outdoor biting.
If you feel unwell when you are travelling, or after your return, see the doctor and tell them where you have been travelling or living.
Also, at our airport upon arrival, indicate to the Boarder Officials if you have visited any of the affected countries. The Port Health Officer will assist you with some precautionary advices.
The Ministry of Health have been very successful in 2017, keeping the Cook Islands free of mosquito borne disease outbreaks, despite the ongoing dengue outbreaks in Pacific Island countries around us. We hope you enjoy your stay in our little paradise.