Sometimes known as "the lost village", Highland Paradise is an award winning cultural feast of Cook Islands entertainment and spiritual experiences.
Tapuae Guided Tour
We offer a guided tour on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10am to 12pm. The tour includes the exploration of authentic historical sites that lay forgotten for nearly 150 years, re-enactments, restored maraes and faithfully rebuilt traditional buildings - all recreating the ambience and spirituality of this sacred place where our ancestors lived, loved, fought and died. You will learn of our proud and sometimes, sad and sordid history.
Amongst 25 developed acres of magnificent gardens and views you will experience drumming, singing, dancing, weaving, carving, medicine making, storytelling and umu (underground oven) feasting - just as they were more than 600 years ago on this very spot!
Sunset Cultural Show & Feast
Our multi award winning, sunset cultural nights operate on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. This experience includes:
- Hosted roundtrip transport
- Expert guides
- Village cultural immersion experiences
- Marae visit
- A tapu lifting
- Warrior welcome with arrival cocktail
- Umu feasting like you have never experienced
- Spectacular stage show telling the story of our ancient heritage through singing, dancing and drumming
Our dancers, musicians, chefs, barmen and guides are all descendants of Ariki (High Chief) Tinomana and are proud to be part of the extended family which brings this mountain village back to life and keeps it alive for you!
Highland Paradise also caters for large groups and offers a unique wedding venue for those getting married in Rarotonga. Our starting wedding packages includes:
- Traditional Turou (welcome) by the Mountain Warrior
- The Wedding Ceremony – At the sacred Wedding Altar (Are Akaipoipo) surrounded by tropical gardens with spectacular views of our beautiful lagoon
- Personal Wedding Planner
- Return transfers to the Registrar of marriages
- Marriage license and certificate
- Multi-lingual wedding celebrant/minister to conduct the wedding ceremony
- Witnesses (optional and complimentary)
- Customary lifting of the Tapu on the Marae
- Tropical round blossoms bouquet for the bride
- Matching buttonhole or neck garland (Ei) for the groom
- Signing table adorned with white linen cloth and coloured bow of choice
- 2 piece string band
- Highland Paradise Wedding Gift
We have several different wedding package options on our website and can offer tailor made experiences.