This is where you can find all safety resources to share with your guests including our top tips.
Turtle Tour Safety:
Below are essential considerations to keep in mind when embarking on a turtle tour. It is important that your guests show respect for these magnificent wild animals while prioritising their safety in our passages. The conditions in the passage are unpredictable and can be dangerous.
- Go with a qualified tour operator/guide who follows the 4:1 safety ratio = 1 guide to every 4 guests
- DO NOT TOUCH the turtles and refrain from touching/walking on coral
- Prior swimming experience is suggested and it is important that you conduct your own risk assessment of the sea conditions on the day
- No weekend turtle tours permitted; this reserves the area for families and locals of the area to enjoy the beach/lagoon
- If there are children under 12, seek prior approval from operator
Before your guests explore our underwater playground at one of our stunning beaches or pristine lagoons, it is important they are aware of our water safety tips.
Our top water tips:
- Stay away from the passages
- Be Smart, know their limits
- If in doubt, wear a life jacket
- If they are not a confident swimmer, that they do not explore alone
Before your guests reconnect with nature and explore one of our many guided and self-guided hiking trails, it is important they are aware of our hiking safety tips.
Our top hiking tips:
- Do not hike in the rain or following heavy rainfall
- To advise you, the morning of their hike
- Check their shoes, remove any seeds
- Plan to be back before it gets dark
The Cook Islands is a safe destination, where travelling and getting around is very easy. Unlike other island destinations, where guests may find themselves resort bound, our islands are naturally beautiful and great for exploring.
Before your guests venture out, it is important they are aware of our general safety tips.
Our top general safety tips:
- Our Emergency contact number is: 999
- Go on a guided hike rather than alone
- Don't drink and drive - arrange a sober driver, or catch a taxi