We are committed to your privacy.
Security of your Personal Information
Cook Islands Tourism (Cook Islands Tourism Corporation) strictly protects the security of your personal information and honours your choices for its intended use. We carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Your personal information is never shared outside the company without your permission, except under conditions explained below. Inside the company, data is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access. Your information may be stored and processed in New Zealand or any other country where Cook Islands Tourism, its subsidiaries, affiliates or agents are located.
You also have a significant role in protecting your information. No one can see or edit your personal information without knowing your UserName and password, so do not share these with others.
To ensure we are publishing content customers need and want, Cook Islands Tourism collects aggregated site-visitation statistics using cookies. We do not track individuals' use of the site.
When someone visits the site, a cookie is placed on the customer’s machine (if the customer accepts cookies) or is read if the customer has visited the site previously.
Web beacons, also known as clear gif technology, or action tags, assist in delivering the cookie. This technology tells us how many visitors clicked on key elements (such as links or graphics) on a Cook Islands Tourism Web page. We do not use this technology to access your personally identifiable information on Cook Islands Tourism; it is a tool we use to compile aggregated statistics about Cook Islands Tourism Web site usage. We do not share tracking information outside of Cook Islands Tourism , and do not allow other companies to place clear gifs on our sites.
If you choose to not have your browser accept cookies from the Cook Islands Tourism Web site, you will be able to view the text on the screens, however you will not experience a personalized visit nor will you be able to subscribe to the service offerings on the site.
Cook Islands Tourism Statement of Privacy
Cook Islands Tourism are committed to protecting your privacy and to developing technology that gives you the most powerful and secure online experience. You can travel through most of our site without giving us any information about yourself. But sometimes we do need information to provide services that you request, and this statement of privacy explains data collection and use in those situations. Please read the complete Cook Islands Tourism privacy statement.
Your Personal Information
We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you (personal information) or allows us to contact you. Generally, this information is requested when you are asked to register before ordering e-mail newsletters, joining a limited-access premium site, or when purchasing. Personal information collected is limited to e-mail address, language, country or location, but may include other information when needed to provide a service you requested.
For example: If you choose to make a purchase, we will request personal information such as: name, address, telephone number, credit card number and shipping information.
If you ever want to review or update your profile, simply visit the Specific area and edit your personal information.
Use of your Personal Information
We use your personal information for four primary purposes:
- To make the site easier for you to use by not making you enter your personal information more than once.
- To help you quickly find services or information on this web.
- To help us create and deliver content most relevant to you.
- To alert you to special offers, updated information and other new services from Cook Islands Tourism .
We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including packaging, mailing and delivering purchases, answering customer questions about products or services, sending postal mail and processing event registration. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
Cook Islands Tourism will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Cook Islands Tourism or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Cook Islands Tourism and its family of Web sites, and, (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Cook Islands Tourism , its Web sites, or the public.
Control of your Personal Information
When you register, or otherwise give us personal information, Cook Islands Tourism will not share that information with third parties without your permission, other than for the limited exceptions already listed. It will only be used for the purposes stated above.
Cook Islands Tourism may send out periodic e-mails informing you of technical service issues related to our product. You will not be able to choose to unsubscribe to these mailings, as they are considered an essential part of the service you have chosen.
Access to your Personal Information
We will provide you with the means to ensure that your personal information is correct and current. You can:
- View and edit personal information you have already given us.
- Subscribe or cancel subscriptions to newsletters about our services and products.
Data Protection Authority
If you are within the European Union, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. Those rights include:
- We will retain the information you choose to provide to us until the earlier of: (a) you asking us to delete the information, (b) our decision to cease using our existing data providers, or (c) the Company decides that the value in retaining the data is outweighed by the costs of retaining it.
- You have the right to request access to your data that the Company stores and the rights to either rectify or erase your personal data.
- You have the right to seek restrictions on the processing of your data.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your data and the right to the portability of your data.
- To the extent that you provided consent to the Company’s processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based upon consent that occurred prior to your withdrawal of consent.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the General Data Protection Regulation.
- We require only the information that is reasonably required to enter into a contract with you. We will not require you to provide consent for any unnecessary processing as a condition of entering into a contract with us.
Changes to this Policy
We endeavour to respond to all requests, enquiries, and concerns within thirty (30) days of receipt.
Cook Islands Tourism Corporation
Maire Nui Drive, Avarua