NZ Traveller Declaration to replace Nau Mai Ra Declaration
New Zealand is introducing the NZ Traveller Declaration. This replaces the Nau Mai Ra Declaration and will be required from 31 March 2022 for all travellers flying to New Zealand.
Passengers should complete this prior to turning up to an Airport and preferably 2-3 days prior to flight.
To complete the New Zealand Traveller Declaration you will need;
- Passport details
- Flight information
- Proof of vaccination – unless exempt
- Proof of a pre-departure test – unless exempt (Note: the Cook Islands is exempt)
- Travel history for 14 days prior to arriving in New Zealand
- Contact details in New Zealand
- Emergency contact details
Once your New Zealand Traveller Declaration application has been processed, you will be issued a New Zealand Traveller Pass by email. It can be printed out or saved on your mobile device.
You will need to show your New Zealand Traveller Pass on check-in at Rarotonga airport, and to Customs when you arrive into New Zealand.